QCF (NVQ) Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Nationally accredited course
- No college attendance required
- Payment Plans for Non-company bookings
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £1,245.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
Course DetailsOverview –
The QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Services is a nationally recognised qualification based on the National Occupation Standards approved by Skills for Care. The award assesses skills and competence for individuals working with staff members as well as adults and/or children across all social care settings, such as within residential settings, primary care environments, domiciliary services, day servicesand supported living. This qualification replaces the Level 4 NVQ in Leadership and Management for Care Services and the Level 4 NVQ in Health and Social Care, which are accepted by the CQC.Outline of the Programme –
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and you must complete 6 shared mandatory units and further mandatory units according to which social care setting you work in along with a choice of optional knowledge and competence units equalling an overall 90 credits from several units. You are expected to complete this qualification within a maximum of 18 months.Different Pathways for different settings-
- Adult’s Residential Management
- Adult’s Management
- Adult’s Advance Practice (For those who don’t manage staff)
- Unit 1:Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- Unit 2 :Promote Professional Development
- Unit 3 :Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Unit 4 :Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 5: Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 6:Undertake a Research Project in a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Completion can be achieved within 9-12 months as long as sufficient evidence has been provided for your portfolio. If you are able to devote a significant amount of time towards this qualification, it may be possible for you to achieve the qualification sooner, as long as you can provide evidence of consistent competence in your workplace.Assessment and delivery –
You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio with one workplace observation. You will have an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The units you will follow ask you to explain your own working practices and standards you follow. This will allow you to recognise the process’ you carry out, ways of working/ best practice and why you have to follow certain standards. This can help you develop your understanding of the industry and your own skills.
We can also include witness testimonies from colleagues, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition you will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with your assessor throughout your programme.Entry Requirements –
This course is open to candidates of 19 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. You need to be working in the industry to be able to provide your own understanding and knowledge of the subjects covered in your units.
We advise you to have experience and currently perform the following tasks to help provide work for the course:
- Managing Staff and carry out supervisions
- Leading and managing meetings
- Carrying out risk assessments or care reviews
Full course specification: CLICK HEREHere are the links to other courses you may be interested in:
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.