QCF (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator)
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Ofsted Recognised
- No college attendance required
- Mix of distance learning and work place observation
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £1,145.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
This is the new Early Years Educator qualification launched in July 2014.
For this qualification, you DO NOT need to complete English Literacy, Numeracy or any of the other additional awards within the Apprenticeship framework! (However, you will not count in the ratios of Level 3 unless you also hold GCSE passes at grade C or above or Level 2 in Math and English.) This qualification meets the full and relevant criteria set by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
This QCF Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma guides and assesses development of knowledge and skills relating to working in Early Learning and Childcare. It comprises of 16 mandatory units with a total of 67 credits. You are required to complete this qualification within a maximum of 12 months.
- * Applying the early education framework
- * Assessment planning in early years settings
- * Continuing professional development for early years practitioners
- * Equality, diversity and inclusion for early years practitioners
- * Health, safety and security procedures in early years settings
- * Personal care and wellbeing for children in early years settings
- * Plan and lead activities and educational programmes
- * Providing children with additional support in early years
- * Safeguarding children in early years settings
- * Supporting children through transitions and significant events
- * Supporting children’s holistic development
- * Supporting positive behaviour in children during early years
- * Understanding child development
- * Understanding theories and philosophical approaches to child development
- * Using assessment techniques for children in early years
- * Working in partnership with parents and others in early years settings
Full course specification: CLICK HERE
Learners must be 16 years old or above and be in a senior role in caring for children and young people.
Candidates are also expected to have a good level of English language skills to be able to provide the quality and range of evidence towards this qualification
To count in the ratios at level 3, you must also have achieved GCSEs in English and maths at grade C or above.
Wales and Northern Ireland Qualifications
If you hold the Level 3 Children’s Care Learning and Development (Wales and NI) qualifications you will need to have also achieved the following 4 optional units to be counted within the level 3 staff to child ratios as outlined in the Early years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework:
•R/504/2191 Support children’s language, literacy and communication
•L/504/2190 Support children’s mathematical development
•A/601/0121 Work with babies and young children to promote their development and learning
•M/502/3812 – Engage with parents in their children’s early learning
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.