QCF (NVQ) Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young People’s Workforce
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Nationally accredited course
- No college attendance required
- Payment Plans for Non-company bookings
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £945.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
The QCF Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People’s Workforce is a nationally recognised qualification based on the National Occupation Standards approved by Skills for Care. The award will assess your knowledge, skills and competence if you are working with children across any one of the following childcare settings, such as within primary care environments, domiciliary services, day services and nurseries. Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People’s Workforce, you must complete 11 mandatory units along with a choice of optional knowledge and competence units equalling an overall 35 credits.Mandatory Units
- Unit 1: Child and young person development
- Unit 2: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 3: Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Unit 4: Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Unit 5: Paediatric emergency first aid
- Unit 6: Managing paediatric illness and injury
- Unit 7: Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 8: Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 9: Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 10: Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Unit 11: Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Unit 12: Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Unit 13: Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio with one workplace observation. There will be an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The units you will follow ask you to explain your own working practices and standards you follow. This will allow you to recognise the process’ you carry out, ways of working/ best practice and why you have to follow certain standards. This can help you develop your understanding of the industry and your own skills.
We can also include witness testimonies from colleagues, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition you will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with your assessor throughout your programme.Entry Requirements –
This course is open to candidates of 16 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. You need to be working in childcare to be able to provide sufficient evidence to complete your chosen units. You can be in paid or voluntary roles and working different patterns or hours. A work based observation is required. As there are many optional units that can be chosen to help make the course personal to your role and setting experience helps you chose the ones relevant to yourself.
Full course specification: CLICK HERE
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.