QCF Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- CQC Recognised
- No college attendance required
- The new qualification for senior care staff
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £1,190.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
QCF Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (Not Wales & Northern Ireland)
This qualification acts as a progression route from the QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care qualification to the QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services qualification. It will support you in the development of a number of job roles in the adult social care sector.
- * It is suitable for people working in Adult Care
- * It is the next step for those who have completed the QCF (NVQ) Level 3 in Health & Social Care
- * It is suitable for those who are in senior caring roles within their workplace
This is a brand new course developed for people who wish to progress with their qualifications in social care, but are not in a managerial role.
Outline of the Programme
Each unit within the QCF Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care you must gain a minimum of 70 credits. 36 credits must be achieved from the mandatory unit group, and at least 34 credits from the optional units. At least 55 credits must be achieved from level 4 units or above. You are required to complete this qualification within a maximum of 12 months.
- * Advanced communication skills
- * Personal development
- * Equality and diversity
- * Understand safeguarding and protection
- * Facilitate person-centred assessment to support the well-being of individuals
- * Facilitate support planning to promote positive outcomes for individuals and to support well-being
- * Understand personalisation in care and support services
- * Health and safety
- * Professional practice
- * Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- * Work in partnership
- * Safeguarding children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
The optional knowledge and competence units cover various areas such as understand dementia, understand administration of medication, diabetes awareness, understand positive risk taking, understand professional supervision practice, awareness of the Mental Capacity Act etc.
Full course specification: CLICK HERE
* This course is delivered using a mix of distance learning (e-portfolio) and workplace observation
* You will be assigned your own assessor
* You will have regular contact and support from your allocated assessor
* Your assessor will contact you via e-portfolio messages, telephone conversations and Skype
* Your assessor will also need to carry out a direct observation once of your working practices in your workplace
* You will upload your evidence to your e-portfolio where your assessor will mark it, provide you with feedback and set further assignments
* We will support you to obtain your qualification quickly.
Entry Requirements: This course is open to candidates of 18 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. However, candidates must be employed in a work place relevant to the occupational standards and be in a suitable role to enable them to complete the qualification successfully.
How long will it take? – There are no fixed periods for completion, however depending on experience most participants complete within 8-12 months.
Progression: On completion of this programme you will be able to progress on to Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care. We also offer assessor (A1 Award) and Preparing to Teach in Lifelong Learning qualifications which enable people to deliver training courses and assess candidates studying for the same qualification.
Funding: This course can also be funded through 24 plus learning loans if you satisfy the pre-requisites.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.