QCF Level 4 Assuring the Quality of Assessment – IQA
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Your own allocated assessor with feedback and guidance
- No college attendance required
- Nationally accredited course
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £800.00 Plus VAT Including Certification
QCF Level 4 Assuring the Quality of Assessment (V1 Award) – IQA
This qualification is suitable for you if you wish to obtain the Internal Verifier / Moderator role and quality assure assessors and assessment.
The Level 4 Award (previously V1 award) in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA) is a 12 credit and 90 guided learning hour qualification consisting of 2 mandatory units. (Identified in the Course Structure.) You are required to complete this qualification within a maximum of 12 months.
This qualification replaces the V1 and V2 qualifications. It is part of the new suite of qualifications for assessors, internal quality assurers (IQA) and external quality assurers (EQA).
This qualification is required for:
* Verifiers involved in National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) for the next three years. Those who deliver these qualifications will need to be qualified to meet the requirements of the NVQ Code of Practice and Sector Skills Councils assessment strategies.
* Quality assurance staff who deliver QCF qualifications that use the term ‘NVQ’ in their title will also need these qualifications.
* Some staff, who are quality assuring qualifications within the QCF framework that do not use the term ‘NVQ’ in their titles, but whose purpose is to confirm occupational competence, will need to hold this IQA qualification.
* This qualification will be helpful for teachers in schools who deliver vocational qualifications with applied learning, such as BTEC Firsts and Nationals.
Unit 1: Understanding Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment which provides the opportunity to relate underpinning knowledge and understanding to practice of internal quality assurance. Sharing knowledge and experience with peers and colleagues provides an opportunity both to share good practice and to reflect on assessment approaches.
Unit 2: This unit will give you the opportunity to apply the principles and requirements of internal quality assurance to a real working context and identify ways in which to develop and improve your practice.
Full course specification: CLICK HERE
Assessment should focus on real work activities so that naturally occurring evidence can be assessed.
The range of direct evidence MUST include:
* monitoring of a minimum of TWO assessors
* assessment of a minimum of TWO candidates per assessor
* observation of practice
* examination of products of work
These can be supplemented, where necessary, with professional discussion and reflective accounts.
Entry Requirements: You will need to have completed your TAQA / A1 /D32 & D33 award and have experience of the assessment process. You will also need to provide two of your own assessors to internally verify.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.