QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (NVQ)
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Nationally accredited course
- Regular support and guidance
- Payment Plans for Non-company bookings
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £945.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
The QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a nationally recognised qualification based on the Health and Social Care National Occupation Standards approved by Skills for Care & Development and the CQC. The award will assess your knowledge, skills and competence for working in adult social care settings, such as residential care, primary care, domiciliary services, day services and supported living.Outline of Program
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care you must complete 9 mandatory units along with a choice of optional knowledge and competence units equalling an overall 46 credits. You have the opportunities to choose optional units which suit your particular work setting eg Dementia, Learning Disabilities etc. You are expected to complete this qualification within a maximum of 12 months.Mandatory Units
- Unit 1: Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 2: Introduction to Personal Development in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 3: Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 4: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 5: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 6: The Role of the Health & Social Care Worker
- Unit 7: Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 8: Contribute to Health & Safety in Health & Social Care
- Unit 9: Handle Information in Health & Social Care Settings
You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio with one workplace observation. You will have an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The units you will follow ask you to explain your own working practices and standards you follow. This will allow you to recognise the process’ you carry out, ways of working/ best practice and why you have to follow certain standards. This can help you develop your understanding of the industry and your own skills.
We can also include witness testimonies from colleagues, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition you will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with your assessor throughout your programme.Entry Requirements –
This course is open to candidates of 16 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. You need to be working in adult social care to be able to meet the unit requirements. Either a paid or voluntary role is suitable . A work based observation is required.
To see a full course specification: CLICK HERE
Workforce Development Funding may be available if this award is paid for by your work place and your workplace is located in England. Social Care providers are able to claim for WDF funding through Skills for Care if they are completing their NMDS data. Please contact us on 01279 725361 for more details.
We accept the following payment methods:
Please contact us to process the payment.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your on-line banking facilities or in your local branch.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.