QCF Diploma Level 3 for Residential Childcare
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Ofsted Recognised
- A mix of distance learning and workplace observation
- Payment Plans for Non-company bookings
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £1,145.00 VAT exempt Including Certification
The QCF Diploma for Residential Childcare is a nationally recognised qualification (Ofsted, CSSIW and NSICC) and has been developed as part of the reform of children’s residential care announced by the government. The aim of the qualification is to improve the quality of care provided to vulnerable children and young people in residential childcare by guiding and assessing the development of knowledge and skills and to confirm occupational competence. All people working in a care role in a children’s home must by law achieve the required qualifications. The Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) (QCF) will be the named qualification in the revised regulations.
Outline of programme – You must achieve 53 credits from the mandatory units and then have a choice of units in the optional group to make up the remaining 8 credits. You are required to complete this qualification within a maximum of 12 months.
Mandatory Units for Residential Childcare
- * Understand the development of children and young people in residential childcare
- * Understand how to safeguard and protect children and young people in residential childcare
- * Understand how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse
- * Promote effective communication and information handling in residential childcare settings
- * Support risk management in residential childcare
- * Assessment and planning with children and young people in residential childcare
- * Support group living in residential childcare
- * Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
- * Support attachment and positive relationships for children and young people in residential childcare
- * Support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
- * Support children and young people in residential childcare to achieve their learning potential
- * Support children and young people in residential childcare to manage their health
- * Support the development of socially aware behaviour with children and young people in residential childcare
- * Engage in professional development in residential childcare settings
- * Support the rights, diversity and equality of children and young people in residential childcare
- * Participate in teams to benefit children and young people in residential childcare
Full course specification: CLICK HERE
Assessment and delivery method – You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio. There will be an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The units you will follow ask you to explain your own working practices and standards you follow. This will allow you to recognise the process’ you carry out, ways of working/ best practice and why you have to follow certain standards. This can help you develop your understanding of the industry and your own skills.
We also need to carry out at least one work based observation and can also use evidence from witness testimonies from colleagues, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition you will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with your assessor throughout your programme.
Entry Requirements – This course is open to candidates of 16 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning. You need to be working in the industry to be able to provide your own understanding and knowledge of the subjects covered in your units. This can include paid or voluntary roles and different working patterns or hours. A work based observation is required.
Not in a role yet? – If you want to get into Child Care work then you can apply for roles in many settings. You do not always need experience as the company will have to take you through work based training in the first 12 weeks of employment. Many people find voluntary roles allow them to gain experience and find a role that suits them, sometimes this role can lead on to paid roles.
How long will it take? – There are no fixed periods for completion, however depending on experience most participants complete within 9-12 months. If you put in more work you can finish in a shorter period.
Progression and Cost On completion of this program candidates are able to progress on to Leadership and Management Qualifications.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.