Paediatric First Aid Level 2 Award (QCF) – Group Delivery
- Delivered in your own workplace
- Certificates and wallet -sized plastic card issued
- Delivered by experienced and qualified trainers
- Qualification valid for 3 years
- Fun and Interactive
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £1,000.00 Plus VAT Including Certification
This qualification is aimed at those who wish to become a Paediatric First Aider in the workplace with a responsibility for the welfare of infants and children. This qualification is intended for you if you are already working or preparing to work with children. As you may know, First Aid is the responsibility of everyone involved in the working environment. This course is regarded by the Early Years Foundation Stage as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health of infants and children who are under the care of trained personnel.
The National Teaching and Leadership Foundation also require the following
- * all nursery staff in England must hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- * Childminders and any assistants who are in sole charge of children for any period of time must hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
This course is delivered in the workplace to a group of up to 10 candidates at any one time. This is a 2 day course with additional learning to meet the guided learning hours for the course.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification. It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent. You will need to be 16 years old or over.
Candidates must bring with them 2 forms of current ID including a one with photo ID eg passport and driving licence, birth certificate, student card etc
You will be assessed through practical and oral questioning through the duration the course by the tutor with a 15-question multiple-choice examination of 30 minutes at the end.
You must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
You must also practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques in all the First Aid areas indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
If you are successful, you will also receive a wallet-sized plastic card detailing your qualification. This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, after which point you will need to resit the course.
Course Learning Outcomes
- * Roles and Responsibilities
- * Assessing an Emergency Situation
- * Unresponsive infant and child who is breathing normally
- * Unresponsive infant and child who is not breathing normally
- * First aid for an infant and child who has a foreign body obstructing their airway
- * Shock treatment for an infant and child
- * An infant and child with anaphylaxis
- * Injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- * Head and spinal injuries
- * Conditions affecting eyes, ears and nose
- * Chronic medical conditions or sudden illness
- * Effects of extreme heat or cold
- * Electric shock
- * Burns or scalds
- * Poisoning
- * Bites and Stings
- * Minor injuries
- * Completing records relating to injuries, illnesses and emergencies
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.