Moving & Handling (People) – Theory & Practical Update
- Delivered in your own workplace
- Certificates issued on successful completion
- Course mapped to QCF units
- Delivered by experienced and qualified trainers
- Fun and Interactive
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £550.00 Plus VAT Including Certification
Moving & Handling (People) – Theory and Practical Update
* need to update their knowledge and skills in moving and handling people
* need to achieve their annual refresher
* Moving & Handling Statistics
* The Law
* Anatomy & Biomechanics
* Functions of the Spine
* Vertebrae & The Spine
* Causes of Back Pain
* Ergonomics & Risk Assessment
* TILE – Application of Risk Assessment
* Controversial Techniques
* Principles of Safer Handling
You will be assessed on your practical application of safe moving and handling techniques, using:
* Hoists & slings
* Slide sheets
* Transfer belts & boards
* Transfer to and from bed and chair
However, we will use the equipment you use in your workplace, so therefore the equipment may vary.
This moving and handling course is suited to assess your competence in moving and handling people in the workplace and providing you with an update of your knowledge and practice. The course will look at current theory and legislation in the morning and you will then be assessed in your practical skills in the afternoon.
This course is delivered in your workplace to a maximum of 10 candidates. Your workplace will be expected to provide the following to enable the trainer to train you in the equipment you will be using:
* Profile bed
* Mobile hoist and sling
* Tubular slide sheet
* Transfer board
Your workplace will need to ensure that the equipment has been recently quality checked and is safe to use.
Duration: 6 hours
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.