Challenging Behaviour and Breakaway Techniques
- Delivered in your own workplace
- Certificates issued on successful completion
- Course mapped to QCF units
- Delivered by experienced and qualified trainers
- Fun and Interactive
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: £550.00 Plus VAT Including Certification
Course DetailsChallenging Behaviour and Breakaway Techniques
Price per class: £550Overview
Carers and their clients sometimes come into conflict. Learn how to maintain your safety whilst also protecting your client. This course is delivered in your workplace to a group of up to 15 learners. Sufficient room must be provided to allow learners space to practice breakaway techniques.Aims & Benefits Of Course:
This one-day duration course combines the knowledge of challenging behaviour and the triggers as well as teaching the breakaway techniques and practising them (repeatedly until they become an automatic reflex).
The course teaches just a few effective techniques that are simple to use and as safe as possible for both ‘you’ and the ‘client’. The techniques are easy to learn and (in many cases) can be used in a variety of different situations. Indeed, ONE technique that you will learn on this course can be used equally effectively against a grab, a shove, a punch and a strangleCourse Content:
- Level of threat and level of response – using the minimum degree of force to ensure your safety and the safety of the client.
- Your body – where it hurts – How to recognise the obvious and not-so-obvious places where you can be attacked.
- The client’s body – where it should be – How to keep a safe distance between you and the client, and what you can do when physical contact is required.
- The basic breakaway strategy – What is the simplest thing you can do to breakaway from an assault?
- The importance of the spoken word.
- The importance of disengagement.
- The importance of situational awareness:-
People; Places; Furniture.
- Common assaults and breakaway methods:-
Hand Grab; Wrist Grab; Arm Grab; Collar Grab; Grab from behind; Front bear hug; Rear bear hug; Hair Grab; Other Grabs; Front Strangle; Rear Strangle; Biting; Scratching.
- Punches: Avoidance and Deflection.
- Kicks: Avoidance and Deflection.
- Thrown objects: Prevention, Avoidance and Deflection.
- Course Review.
- Question and Answer Session.
A certificate of attendance will be produced for each delegate who successfully completes this course.Entry Requirements:
Learners must be 16 years old or above and be working in the social care sector.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.