CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (QCF)
- FREE E-BOOK for your course
- FREE WEBINARS for mandatory units
- Nationally accredited course
- No college attendance required
- Payment Plans for Non-company bookings
- Detailed course information here
Course Price: Plus VAT Including Certification
The CACHE Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care (QCF) prepares you to work with children between birth and 5 years, with knowledge of children up to 7 years.Upon achievement of this qualification, you can progress to our Level 3 qualification in the Early Years Educator.Outline of programme –
Each unit within the Certificate has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF Certificate in Introduction to Early Years Education Level 2 you must achieve 14 mandatory units with a total credit value of 33. This amounts to between 269 and 282 guided learning hours across the qualification.Mandatory Units
- Support physical care routines for children
- An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
- Understand how to work in partnership
- Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
- Supporting children’s play
- Support children’s play in early years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
- Supporting children’s development
- Use observation, assessment and planning
- Support children’s positive behaviour
- Engage in professional development
- Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
- Support health lifestyles for children through exercise
- Support children with additional needs
- Support creative play
You will be assessed via distance learning through an online portfolio. There will be an assessor assigned to you who will set you work, asking you to provide evidence of your work based knowledge and experience. The online site allows you to work at your own pace, access resources to help support you and a forum to speak to other candidates. You will also be observed in your own workplace to meet some of the assessment requirements. We can examples from your own practice, recognition of prior learning and questioning. In addition you will have access to email, telephone or Skype support with your assessor throughout your programme together with resources as required.Entry Requirements –
- This course is open to candidates of 16 years and over, and there are no barriers on the grounds of sex, race, creed or academic attainment in learning.
- You need to be working in the industry to be able to provide your own understanding and knowledge of the subjects covered in your units. This can include paid or voluntary roles and different working patterns or hours. You are expected to have 250 placement hours to achieve this qualification.
- A work based observation is required.
If you want to get into Child Care then you can apply for roles in many settings. You do not always need experience as the company will have to take you through work based training in the first 12 weeks of employment. Many people find voluntary roles allow them to gain experience and find a role that suits them, sometimes this role can lead on to paid roles.How long will it take? –
There are no fixed periods for completion, however depending on experience most participants complete within 3-9 months. If you put in more work you can finish in a shorter period.Progression –
On completion of this program candidates are able to progress on to Level 3 Qualifications.
Want to enquire about this course? - Call us (Local rate)
Call us today and we will send the course info direct to your mailbox, or complete the form.
You can also pay by BACS or direct banking either using your online banking facilities or in your local branch.